Friday, March 12, 2010

Why am I doing this collection?

I'm waiting patiently for my order from Millers Mint to arrive. But I'm not sure why.

You see, I've decided to spend a couple of hundred dollars to update my collection of Kennedy Half Dollars. But, again, I'm not sure why.

It's an ugly coin on the obverse but the reverse (all versions) is OK. I guess I want to complete this collection.

I started on these halfs shortly after my father-in-law passed away. We found a stash of Kennedys and divided them up amongst the girls. As I was looking at them, I realized we had maybe 12 unique dates/mints. That was enough for me to go buy a Danesco album and start looking for others. I went to the local Wells Fargo and purchased two rolls of Half Dollars but only got average coins.

Even with this recent order, I'll still be short a few coins for the complete set (only P and D mints. Decided against the S mint but that was before I realized that I had 7 S Proofs in my collection already, duh).

But all is not lost on this order. You see, the real reason I went to Millers Mint was to purchase a 1914-S LINCOLN CENT (VF20) and a 1933-D LINCOLN CENT (AU50) to add to my cent collection! Can't wait for these two to show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment