Monday, April 9, 2012

Preparing For My Next Great Camping Adventure!

Grandiose sounding, eh?

I just have to get some stuff ready for our weekend excursion to South Llano River State Park (SLRSP) down near Junction, Texas. Although I've never visited the park, I used to go deer hunting in that same general area (if you consider within 150 miles of Junction as being 'in that same general area', then that's where I went white tailed deer hunting as a teenager).

SLRSP has about two miles of frontage along the, surprisingly, South Llano River. Also, hiking should be a popular sport here for all of the trails that have been built covering most of the park. Our camping area appears to be about 1/2 to 3/4 mile south of the river so we won't have to worry about flooding (I hope).


I have some grand plans for meals but I'm not sure I'll be able to get them all done. I may have to rely on the old stand-by of a grilled steak. Still, I need to make sure I bring the correct pillow cases, enough of the K-cups, a floor mat, and a collapsible stool.

Actually, I'll probably just wing it - again - and wait until the last minute to get everything ready. Seriously, what could possibly go wrong? Smiley Faces

No comments:

Post a Comment