Saturday, March 14, 2015

Trip to Las Vegas for my Birthday

Simply because I bowed to my wife's demands and took my sick prostate to MD Anderson Cancer Clinic, I was making a remarkable (to me) recovery and my outlook is good. Therefore, to celebrate, my Sweetie took me to Las Vegas for a LONG weekend.

We fly directly to McCarran where we were picked up by the Nobu Ranger to deliver us directly to Cesar's Palace. We checked into our room before deciding to head on out for a supper.

Let me start by saying this was a great trip and I didn't know what was going to happen next. We had a meal at Nobu Restaurant where we let our Advisor select the courses for us. The 3-hour meal was filled with new and exciting dishes, champagne and a sampling of sake. 

The next day, my Sweetie went to get her hair done so I was planning on hitting the $5 Blackjack table to learn how to play the game. Color me surprises because the lowest table I saw was $20! Not a fair way to learn in my opinion. So, I slunk away, defeated, and threw a $20 in a penny slot machine. About 30 minutes later, I was up to $240 and decided to stop!

I ran up to the salon to find my Sweetie and let her know of my grand success. She was impressed that I got that much from the penny slots. I left her secure in the knowledge that I was pretty much done gambling.

But, "One more time won't hurt," I said to myself. I dropped a $10 in another penny slot and with only two rolls of the wheels, I was sitting on $115. I cashed out again and decided to not push my luck.

The next day, we took a great helicopter ride with a couple of South African visitors. We landed in the Grand Canyon and had a quick champagne lunch before flying back to the city. The views were fantastic but I really wished we could have stayed a bit longer.

My Sweetie also surprised me with a special viewing of "Evil Dead, the Musical, in 4D". And, we were sitting in the semi-circle around the stage, wearing our complimentary Evil Dead T-shirts, getting splashing with blood from each and every gory knife slash on stage! It was GREAT!

But, we had to leave eventually. (insert frowny face here)

No comments:

Post a Comment