Monday, March 7, 2011

Recent Travels

Well, it's been sometime since I commented about my travels throughout Texas. So, in no particular order, here we go.

  • We have visited Monahans State Park where we walked over the sand dunes.
  • We traveled to Fort Davis to walk two separate volksmarches and spent the night at the Indian Lodge. That was a great experience.
  • We traveled to Pecos to walk another volksmarch. While there, we visited the West of the Pecos Museum. Quite delightful, particularly if you like western and/or cowboy culture.
  • We walked a volksmarch at Big Spring State Park. Tough! But really beautiful.
  • Another volksmarch but this time at San Angelo State Park. Reminded me of walking through the west Texas desert with Lendell during my youth.

And, although not in Texas, we spent 5 days in Las Vegas for our anniversary. Had the pleasure of getting my very first manicure and pedicure with my wife while sharing champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We saw Carrot Top and the Lion King. I liked Carrot Top a lot - Lion King not so much.

Our next planned excursion will be Big Bend National Park where we are planning on a 3-night camping trip. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment