Saturday, April 2, 2011

Future travels

I know. Future travels, right?

Here are our plans for the immediate future:
  • Travel to Scarborough Faire, a renaissance festival located near Waco, Texas. Sharon and I have attended this faire a couple of years ago while living in Richmond. The good news is that we have a hotel room to spend the night; the bad news is that it should be very hot. If you haven't attended a Ren Faire, you should consider it. There are tons of really strange people there (not me, by the way) who do some really cool stuff. I love the jugglers and the magicians plus I like the turkey legs, fried alligator, and beer! Sharon, Nick and I are planning on attending this one.
  • After that trip, Sharon and I are heading up to Palo Duro Canyon State Park near Canyon, Texas. This is the second largest canyon in the United States (just after the Grand Canyon. Have you heard of that one?) and a wonderful state park. We are, again, camping and kind of roughing it. This time, however, we will be taking a couple of tuna steaks, rib-eyes, and bacon with us. We are also going to attend a play given there that is mostly Texas history of the Panhandle. Lots of drama, singing, and comedy!
  • In August, Sharon and I will be traveling to San Antonio once again to attend the Professional Bull Riders event. This year, we will have the pleasure of attending with our friends from Augsburg, Germany, Dave & Barb Wheaton! This will be their first trip to San Antonio (together since I assume Barb attended her Air Force boot camp there) and their first PBR event. Should be loads of fun and lots of tequila!
  • Also in August, Sharon and I are hosting the first ever Goehring Family Las Vegas Vacation! We are inviting Nick and Becky and Paul to visit Las Vegas with us for a week. Of course, I don't know if they are old enough to visit Sin City (Nick will be 26!) but at least we can all get free drinks at the slots!
Sharon and I really want to go camping at least once a month. Some other plans, not confirmed, are to spend the night at Monahans Sandhills State Park and Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Once we do confirm and go, I'll make sure to write about them ---- or not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment