Sunday, July 10, 2011

Expensive time for me

Not too much for me to write about in the coin collecting world these days. The price of coins that I want have gone up and up.

I no longer bother to check the prices for the coins I'm interested in obtaining. I would rather just relax and think about the days when I actually would buy a coin at a reasonable price. And since I can't find a decent coin dealer in this area (I don't consider a pawn shop to be a place with real experts in the coin business), I spend most of my time looking at Coin World. Even the Internet has lost its charm because of the huge increase in the number of counterfeit coins surfacing.

Oh, well. Guess I'll just have to flow with the river's current and let it take me where it will.

Anyway, I have seen exactly zero examples of 2011 nickel, dime, or quarter this year. I still have not seen any of the America The Beauty quarters at all in circulation.

However, recently, we were in Del Rio, TX, along the Rio Grande River just across from Cuidad Acuna, Mexico, when I was given a 2011-D Lincoln cent in change! The coin was taken directly from the mint roll and handed over to me! Really nice!

On that trip, I also received in change a 2010-D Roosevelt dime in MS condition! On the other hand, I also got a 1956 Jefferson nickel in Fair condition! Might be a good place to go through the pocket change!

No comments: