Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lincoln and Territorial Quarters Update

Finally got the 2010-D Lincoln. Man, sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get one of the new issues these days. I now have a substantial Lincoln Cent collection.

Sadly, there are just some of these coins that are way outside of my price range. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to buy a genuine 1909-S VDB or a genuine 1922 plain (D no D). I might be able to fork over enough to get a 1909-S but that also might never happen. Since I prefer non-slabbed coins to put into my book, I wouldn't be able to trust the coins that aren't slabbed.

One Lincoln I don't have yet that should be in my range is the 1938-S. I just haven't run across one yet that I both like and can afford.

But those four (1909-S VDB, 1909-S, 1922 Plain, 1938-S) are the last Lincolns needed to complete my entire collection from 1909 to 2010. Does anyone have a spare that they would sell me - that won't break my bank?

I also got almost every one of the Territorial Quarters in my collection. I still lack the American Somoa 2009-D. I sure wish I could get that one. Anyone want to sell me one of those?

With that one exception, I have every Washinton, Statehood, and Territorial Quarter from 1932 through 2009. I have not seen ONE example of the new series of "America the Beautiful" Quarters (trademark US Mint). These may be impossible to collect through circulation. Might have to break down and buy them..... sigh.

Finally, I received both my Mint State and Proof Sets for 2010. Packaging is nice and, for once, all of the coins appear flawless. I've been collecting these since 1999.

No comments: